RPGMapMaker is a tool for drawing maps with polygonal grids. This kind of maps is used in Role Playing Games, but of course can be designed for any other purposes. In addition to having most of the capabilities of a real painting program (such as lines, ovals, ..., drawing with color and pattern, text, pipettes, etc.), RPGMapMaker has also unique features that greatly simplify the building of polygonal maps:
* Various kinds of grids: hex, square or lozenge-based grids.
* Ten layers static map. Four pre-allocated layers and six extra layers allocated on demand.
* Interactive maps. Static maps can be linked between each other.
* Links to external files. You can attach files to a static map.
* Layers managers. For allocating and freeing the additional layers, etc.
* Various dimension units (cm, m, ft, ya, etc.)
* Predefined terrains tiles in various size.
* Terrains editor. To modify or create terrain tiles.
* Terrain Organizer. To reorganize a terrain library and transfer tiles between libraries.
* Random terrain generator of up to five different regions.
* Random maze cavern, or dungeons generator.
* Fractal terrain generator.
* Line with arrows of various shapes.
* Drawing contexts. You can memorize fore and back colors and patterns for further utilization.
* Textures. To be used with the filling tools.
* Selective drag or clear. You select which map layer(s) you want to drag or clear.
* Intelligent copy and paste between active layer and the clipboard.
* Intelligent external drop.
* Multiple levels of undo.
* Models. Using a special script, you can create the grid with a predefined appearance.
* Layer Scripts. You can attach a script to a layer (for drawing text programmatically).
* Text Styles. You can memorize an infinite number of style contexts to speed up text operations.
* Markers. A marker is an icon with a text.
* Markers Manager. Allows you manipulating markers without having to ctrl-click on the map.
» version 6.6.2 - posted on 2015-06-20
RPGMapMakerX is now freeware
» version 5.4.4 - posted on 2009-09-01
[Fix] Popup menus icons are back again.
[Fix] Layers and Grid scripting is working again.
[Fix] Some missing buttons are back again.
[Fix] Special characters in file names are now correctly displayed in the External Link button.
[Kis] The startup sequence is much longer than in version 4.5.2.
EULA - End User License Agreement
RPGMapMaker LICENSE AGREEMENT
By installing, downloading, copying, or otherwise using the software, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions, understand them, and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you are not authorized and may not use the software.
RPGMapMaker is shareware, which means if you use it, you have to pay for it. You may try it out for a couple of weeks, but if you like it and decide to keep it, you are expected to register this software and pay the required shareware fee. Otherwise you must remove the software from your computer.
A single registered copy of this software program may be used in the following cases:
A single user on a single computer;
A single user on several computers;
Several users on a single computer.
In any other case, one license per user or per computer is required (or a site license).
You may not alter this software in any way, including changing or removing any messages or windows.
You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce this software to a human perceivable form. You may not modify, rent or resell for profit this software, or create derivative works based upon this software.
You may not publicize or distribute any registration code algorithms, information, or registration codes used by this software without permission of Franois Menneteau.
You may not use the software for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this license agreement, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of the authors or others.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
This product is copyright Franois Menneteau.
French copyright law and international treaty provisions protect this software.
You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the software is transferred to you.
You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the software will remain the exclusive property of Franois Menneteau and you will not acquire any rights to the software except as expressly set forth in this license.
2000-2007 Franois Menneteau all rights reserved